SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Trending on the KRON4 Morning Buzz – the effects of the growing coronavirus outbreak is also taking its toll in the sports world.
In a memo obtained by CNN, the NBA advised its players to restrict physical contact with fans as a precaution to limit potential exposure to coronavirus. The memo suggests that players “fist bump” instead of “high-five” and avoid items handed to them by fans.
Players are also advised to avoid autographs so as not to touch pens, markers, balls, or jerseys.
This comes as the number of coronavirus cases in the US jumps to over 100.
- Vandals leave pig’s head, blood smeared on former Bay Area home of Derek Chauvin defense witness
- Stalker arrested at Taylor Swift’s New York building: police
- Sheriff’s Office: Skydiver dies after parachute gets tangled in Lodi
- Dog receives award after saving his owner’s life
- Two killed in fiery Tesla crash without anyone in the driver’s seat