SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Trending on the KRON4 Morning Buzz – a homeless woman with an incredible opera voice now gone viral.
A Los Angeles police officer captured the woman singing a Puccini aria in the subway station and the video went viral after the police department tweeted it out on social media.
She has since been identified as Emily Zamourka, a Russian native who said she did not go to music school or get formal training.
Zamourka said she likes to sing in the subway because it sounds better due to the acoustics.
The video has since been viewed tens of thousands of times.
Latest News Headlines:
- Social media companies battling misinformation ahead of 2020 election
- 12 possible coronavirus patients being treated at Bay Area hospitals
- San Francisco DA Chesa Boudin speaks on ICE arrests at Sonoma County courthouse
- Tennessee death row inmate Nicholas Sutton selects last meal
- Man wins $10 million lottery prize from scratch-off ticket bought in Burbank