SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Trending on the KRON4 Morning Buzz – a homeless woman with an incredible opera voice now gone viral.
A Los Angeles police officer captured the woman singing a Puccini aria in the subway station and the video went viral after the police department tweeted it out on social media.
She has since been identified as Emily Zamourka, a Russian native who said she did not go to music school or get formal training.
Zamourka said she likes to sing in the subway because it sounds better due to the acoustics.
The video has since been viewed tens of thousands of times.
Latest News Headlines:
- Protesters block lanes of Golden Gate Bridge during march
- Fontana police officer on paid leave following arrest on suspicion of raping 16-year-old girl
- The Golden Gate Bridge is singing. Here’s why
- The loneliest of D-Day remembrances is hit by pandemic
- Inmate cuts off part of his finger, mails it to newspaper to protest Indiana jail conditions