NEW YORK (AP) — Kevin Durant and the Golden State Warriors were trying to extend their stay atop the NBA when he crumbled to the court with a ruptured Achilles tendon on June 10, 2019.
The two-time NBA Finals MVP was lost and so soon was the Warriors’ grasp on the championship. Durant then left for Brooklyn as a free agent after having surgery.
Now both are ready to start working their way back. Durant’s first official NBA game in a year and a half comes against his old club, as the Nets host the Warriors on Tuesday night in the opening game of the 2020-21 season.
- Law enforcement agencies prepare for possible weekend demonstrations across Bay Area
- Stanford Medicine accepts patient transfers during pandemic
- Mega Millions winning numbers for Friday’s $750M jackpot
- Officials: CA on track for distributing 1 million COVID vaccine doses
- Horse racing resumes at Golden Gate Fields after COVID-19 outbreak