SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – NASCAR made a big announcement Wednesday, saying it would ban Confederate flags from all of its events and races.
NASCAR said in a statement on its website that the Confederate lag “runs contrary to our commitment to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for all fans, our competitors, and our industry.”
NASCAR’s decision comes two weeks after nationwide protests over the death of George Floyd, and a direct plea from the sport’s top African American driver, Bubba Wallace.
- Another San Quentin inmate dies from complications of COVID-19
- Joey Chestnut and Miki Sudo crush the hot dog contest — again
- Alcohol, drugs appear to be factor in fatal Woodside crash Friday night, authorities say
- Outdoor dining in Morgan Hill shut down by ABC without notice
- SF Giants announce strict health guidelines to be implemented at Oracle Park