SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced in an open letter on Monday that there will be no preseason games for the NFL this year.
This comes as the sports world continues to be rocked by the coronavirus pandemic.
Earlier this year, the NFL held its draft virtually to help curb the spread of the virus.
According to Goodell, late summer and early fall are usually “the most optimistic time of year for our fans and for all 32 teams.”
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as the week ends
- US adds 1.8 million jobs in a sign that hiring has slowed
- Street project intended to improve safety threatens Oakland’s First Friday events
- A’s coach apologizes for apparent Nazi salute during postgame celebration
- SF-Marin Food Bank trucks vandalized, gas tanks filled with acid-like detergent