SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced in an open letter on Monday that there will be no preseason games for the NFL this year.
This comes as the sports world continues to be rocked by the coronavirus pandemic.
Earlier this year, the NFL held its draft virtually to help curb the spread of the virus.
According to Goodell, late summer and early fall are usually “the most optimistic time of year for our fans and for all 32 teams.”
- Contra Costa County school officials form plan to vaccinate students
- 2 dead after traffic crash reported in Berkeley
- Governors meet with President Biden on new COVID-19 vaccination strategies as pace stalls
- Senators discuss federal cybersecurity following SolarWinds hack
- 2 California police officers fatally shot within 24 hours