SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – As states push to reopen amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, some professional sports leagues have made announcements moving forward in the world post-virus.
In the United States, Major League Baseball canceled spring training and delayed its start date, which was supposed to be March 26.
In basketball news, the NBA says it will reopen some team practice facilities for individual workouts as early as May 8 in areas where governments have relaxed stay-at-home restrictions. The Warriors on Thursday announced it would NOT be practicing today.
Meanwhile the NFL says it expects to kick off the season in September, but that could change. League and club facilities remain closed.
Check out your latest update in the video above.
- Advances in DNA tech helping Jennifer Lin cold case detectives in Alameda County
- Black Lives Matter protesters march through downtown L.A., block 101 Fwy
- North Carolina 7-year-old puts on prom for his graduating babysitter
- Santa Clara County calls for volunteers to help track people who may be spreading COVID-19
- Florida lawmakers celebrate space launch return to the state