SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Both Williams sisters played in the US Open on Tuesday — one set a record, and the other ended in defeat.
Serena Williams broke a record as she won her 102nd US Open match, tying with Chris Evert. She has won 23 Grand Slam singles titles, according to Associated Press. Venus lost for the first time in 22 appearances on Tuesday.
- Firefighters use controlled burns on Palisades in Calistoga
- Fire crews prepare for wind event as Glass Fire continues to burn
- Governor Newsom vetoes California bill requiring ethnic studies
- Chrissy Teigen, John Legend announce death of newborn baby
- More businesses reopen as Contra Costa County moves into red tier