SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – The Oakland A’s selected Tyler Soderstrom, son of former San Francisco Giants player Steve Soderstrom, in the first round.
With their first round picks, they became the 10th father-son duo to be drafted in the first round.
Steve was drafted by the Giants 27 years ago.
“When I heard my name called I went pretty numb for a little bit,” Tyler told FOX40. “It was pretty emotional, really happy and just super excited.”
- Christopher Columbus statue vandalized, beheaded on 4th of July
- Police: 2 women hit by car on Seattle highway amid protest
- Another San Quentin inmate dies from complications of COVID-19
- Joey Chestnut and Miki Sudo crush the hot dog contest — again
- Alcohol, drugs appear to be factor in fatal Woodside crash Friday night, authorities say