We’ve been honoring outstanding teachers in the Bay Area and this week, it’s a teacher at Tamiscal High School in Larkspur.
Alyssa Callahan works with seniors in the school’s pathways program, helping to put students on track for college and careers.
Students can take some college level classes and get work experience and internships.
Colleagues say she has a passion for equity and believes that everyone has the ability to succeed.
Alyssa is called a leader in ways that extend beyond the classroom and is known for working closely with parents and staff.
She’s described as ‘exuding care and high expectations.’
If you know a special teacher you’d like to nominate, you can do so here.
- FLEET WEEK SF: SCHEDULE OF EVENTS & BLUE ANGELS FLIGHT TIMES
- BODY OF MISSING 18-YEAR-OLD RICHMOND WOMAN FOUND, EX ARRESTED
- VIDEO OF TEENS ATTACKING, ROBBING 12-YEAR-OLD LEADS TO ARRESTS
- PARENTS: DON’T BUY THIS CELL PHONE CASE FOR YOUR KIDS, POLICE ASK
- SOUTHWEST KICKS OFF 72-HOUR FARE SALE