We’ve been honoring outstanding teachers in the Bay Area.
This week it’s a preschool teacher in San Mateo.
We’re talking about Sophia Porras, who teaches at Parkside Montessori.
Her mother says Sophia was so grateful to her own teachers while growing up, she decided to follow in their footsteps.
Colleagues say she’s an incredible teacher because she sees the best in each student.
She listens carefully to them, and lets them know how important they are.
Besides being able to use both English and Spanish in the classroom, Sophia has also taken sign language to be able to communicate with students and parents.
She’s described as inspiring learning, creativity, and teamwork everyday.
If you know a special teacher you’d like to nominate, click here.
- WOMAN FOUND 7 DAYS AFTER CRASH DESCRIBES HOW SHE SURVIVED
- MATTRESSFIRM SEARCHING FOR PROFESSIONAL SLEEPER
- WOMAN DUBBED ‘PERMIT BETTY’ LOSES JOB OVER VIRAL VIDEO
- CALIFORNIA TEACHER ACCUSED OF SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH STUDENT
- CVS MANAGER FIRED AFTER VIDEO OF HIM CALLING COPS OVER COUPON GOES VIRAL