SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — The iPhone 12 was unveiled on Tuesday during the latest Apple Event.
Just like last month’s Apple Event, it is streamed online-only due to the pandemic. You can also watch it on KRON4’s Facebook page.
The industry is buzzing about how the newest iPhone will have 5G connectivity, for increased speed. It’s also thinner and lighter than the previous iPhone.
It comes in five colors, and has a new “ceramic shield” technology to protect it from accidental drops.
Apple also released different versions of the iPhone 12:
- iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Max
The Apple Event is a month later than it’s usually scheduled — past iPhones have been revealed in September Apple Events. But this year is different in many ways, because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Not only did it push back the announcement, but it also forced the event to go virtual — although not as big of an issue to do for large tech companies.
However, there could be an issue with a brand new iPhone coming out while Americans are going through financial distress. Will it be worth it?
- Berkeley warns residents of possible evacuations due to fire danger
- Nashville mom, stepson charged in killing of 14-year-old boy with autism
- San Jose: Playgrounds and exercise equipment now open
- Days away until daylight saving and extra sleep
- Several East Bay parks closed Sunday due to fire risk