CARROLLTON, Texas (KRON) – A surprise 30th birthday party celebration in North Texas resulted in 18 members of the same family getting infected with the coronavirus.
KENS 5 reports it happened May 30 when one of the relatives – who didn’t know they were infected with COVID-19 – interacted with other relatives at the party.
Among the 18 infected are two young children, two elderly grandparents in their 80’s, and a breast cancer patient.
The local station reports three of those infected – the two elderly grandparents and the breast cancer patient – are now hospitalized.
Family members said the gathering followed current state health standards and a total of 25 people attended, with not everyone arriving at once and/or staying for the same length of time.
- Nearly 100 pet dogs and cats have contracted COVID-19; here’s how to protect your pets
- Task force briefs lawmakers on Capitol security 2 months after riot
- Berkeley police offer $50K reward in fatal shooting from 10 years ago
- Goodbye Pepé: Here’s why a longtime Looney Tunes character was ‘canceled’
- TV clown Cepillín dies at age 75