SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – Two health workers at UC San Francisco have tested positive for the coronavirus, according to school officials.
In a statement released by the university, the workers have been self-quarantined.
At this time, they are working to identify the patients, staff and health care providers who may have come into contact with the workers.
“We are taking every precaution to minimize the risk to other health care workers and patients, and we remain confident in the safety precautions our health care providers are taking.”
The university is also taking extra precautions to restrict visitors and require health screenings for their employees.
No other details have been released.
- Concord man sentenced for orchestrating arson attacks
- Rihanna becomes billionaire, 2nd wealthiest female entertainer after Oprah
- Olympics: Broken track records, an earthquake and push to change gold-medal soccer match time
- Orangutan tries on sunglasses dropped into zoo enclosure: video
- Black women, across generations, heed Biles’ Olympic example