CONTRA COSTA COUNTY (KRON) – Officials with Contra Costa County on Friday announced three new confirmed cases of the coronavirus.
The three new patients are in isolation in their homes, according to officials. Two of the patients were passengers aboard the Grand Princess cruise ship.
Officials added that one is known to have had close contact with a coronavirus patient in another jurisdiction.
Right now health officials are recommending that people who are at higher risk for coronavirus – including adults over age 50 and people with certain underlying medical conditions – should avoid mass public gatherings such as sporting events, parades, and concerts.
More details on the three new cases will be released at a press conference in Martinez at 2 p.m. We’ll be airing that conference live on KRONon.tv.
- U.S. farmers just can’t catch a break in 2020
- Lawmakers divided on president’s comments on protesters
- Teen caught smuggling 7 kilos of cocaine at El Paso border crossing
- Republicans praise Trump for his promise to stop protests; Democrats at a loss for words
- #BlackoutTuesday flooding social media in response to racism, police brutality in America