Amazon reports that an employee at its Staten Island fulfillment center has tested positive for coronavirus.
The last day that person was at work was March 11.
Other positive cases have been reported at Amazon facilities in California, Florida, Kentucky, Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas, and Connecticut, according to the Washington Post.
KTLA reports a worker from the Moreno Valley fulfillment center tested positive for coronavirus.
That employee last visited the site on March 18.
Moreno Valley Mayor Yxstian Gutierrez said it was unclear if the diagnosed worker was a resident of the city.
Amazon has temporarily closed some sites, but has largely refrained from mass closures.
- Trump, Dems clash on boosting mail-in voting during pandemic
- Where will the bodies go? Morgues plan as virus grows
- KRON4 Heroes: Los Gatos restaurant gives free meals to health care workers
- Gov. Newsom ‘not anticipating’ normal NFL games in the fall
- 1st confirmed COVID-19 case reported at Santa Rita Jail