YOKOHAMA, Japan (KRON/CNN) – There are at least 24 Americans among the 135 people infected with the coronavirus aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship quarantined off the coast of Japan, CNN reports.
At this time Princess has not released the nationalities or identities of the 6 additional patients that the cruise line said were added to Sunday’s overall tally.
More than 3,000 people — including 428 Americans — are stuck on the cruise ship that became a quarantine zone after dozens of people tested positive for coronavirus.
The passengers have been under quarantine for over a week now.
Officials said evidence is increasingly pointing to a full-blown outbreak onboard the ship, which would be the largest outside mainland China.
More than 900 people have been killed due to the virus, and more than 40,000 infected worldwide.
- Woman killed in San Francisco landslide remember 1 year later
- Oprah stops in San Francisco to talk wellness on 2020 Vision tour
- New Orleans agency: 1 person killed after struck by Mardi Gras float
- Hercules man still missing more than a week after disappearance
- Sanders wins Nevada caucuses, takes national Democratic lead