SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON/AP) – U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson could be given the newly approved COVID-19 vaccine on live television, according to a report by Forbes.
Johnson would do this to inspire confidence in the test. However, he doesn’t want to take the injection away from someone “who should be getting it before him.”
Britain became the first country in the world to authorize a rigorously tested COVID-19 vaccine Wednesday and could be dispensing shots within days — a historic step toward eventually ending the outbreak that has killed more than 1.4 million people around the globe.
Johnson tweeted a video today saying “until the vaccine is deployed, our plan does rely on all of us, continuing to make sacrifices to protect those we love.”
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- McCarthy says House will press ahead with TikTok bill after CEO’s testimony
- Trump lawyer: Former president’s attack on Bragg was ‘ill-advised’
- Jon Stewart says Senate is ‘like an assisted-living facility’
- Wildcat Canyon Road closed after storm-related slides
- Why sitting with crossed legs could be bad for you