NEW YORK (AP) — CNN news anchor Brooke Baldwin has tested positive for the coronavirus, the second on-air personality at the news network to come down with the disease.
In an Instagram post Friday, Baldwin said that her symptoms — a fever, chills and aches — came on suddenly Thursday afternoon.
She said she’d been social distancing and doing all of the things that medical experts have said to do.
“Still — it got me,” she said.
CNN prime-time host Chris Cuomo also has COVID-19, and twice this week did shows remotely from the basement of his home.
Most people who get the coronavirus suffer mild to moderate symptoms and recover. But for some, mostly the elderly and those with underlying conditions, it can be fatal.
- Texas school district apologizes for ‘hero’ assignment listing accused Kenosha shooter
- Raiders eager to show off new digs in Vegas debut vs. Saints
- Gingerbread Oreos: Maybe the best way to kick off the holiday season
- Contra Costa officials warn residents about West Nile Virus
- GOP senator to introduce bill reimbursing parents $800 for remote learning expenses