SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON/ AP) – Yesterday, California reported 52,636 new coronavirus cases and 695 deaths in just 24 hours.
California health authorities reported Thursday a record two-day total of 1,042 coronavirus deaths as many hospitals strain under unprecedented caseloads.
- Total statewide cases: 2,621,277
- Total statewide deaths: 29,233
- Statewide positivity rate: 13.3%
The state’s hospitals are trying to prepare for the possibility that they may have to ration care for lack of staff and beds — and hoping they don’t have to make that choice.
- Chloé Zhao becomes 1st woman of color to win top DGA honor
- Florida woman electrocuted by downed power lines trying to escape car after tree fell on it
- Woman arrested after refusing to return $1.2 million mistakenly put into her account
- Prince Harry to attend Phillip’s funeral, Meghan to stay home
- Some GOP-led states target abortions done through medication