SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California will begin allowing the reopening of schools, day camps, bars, gyms and some professional sports with modifications at the end of next week.
Mark Ghaly, the state’s top health official, says the state will release guidance later Friday for counties to follow to reopen a broad range of businesses that have been closed since mid-March to slow the spread of the coronavirus.
The rules on schools and day camps will apply statewide, but only counties that have met certain thresholds on cases, testing and preparedness will be allowed to reopen other sectors.
- Employee at Warriors Oakland facility tests positive for COVID-19
- Deputies to cite those not wearing masks in West Hollywood; 1st offense carries $300 fine
- Oakland Zoo at risk of closing for good due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Some airlines increase capacity ahead of holiday weekend despite surge in US coronavirus cases
- Burlingame native released from Minor League Baseball team after season canceled