TORONTO (AP) – Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says he is closing his country’s borders to anyone not a citizen or a permanent resident amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Americans are exempted from the border ban.
Trudeau announced the move Monday outside his residence, where is self isolating after his wife tested positive for the new coronavirus.
He also asked Canadians to say home as much as possible amid the pandemic.
- Check where it’s raining in the Bay Area and when it will end
- Dave Chappelle cancels shows after testing positive for COVID-19
- Rise in gun violence: 11 homicides in Oakland so far this year
- Pacifica yoga studio forced to close for defying health orders
- Community groups host pop-up COVID-19 vaccine clinics in Napa