SANTA CLARA COUNTY (KRON) – Santa Clara County supervisors have extended a local health emergency due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.
The county first made a 7-day declaration last week.
The declaration and proclamation do not signify any particular increase in risk to the residents in Santa Clara County.
However, they do enable the county to more effectively respond to the outbreak, seek and utilize mutual aid, potentially obtain reimbursement, and ensure all public health professionals have necessary tools at their disposal to keep the community safe.
The local health emergency goes through March 11.
You can read the latest developments in the Coronavirus outbreak in KRON4’s special section on the disease.
Latest News Headlines:
- Air quality to be tested at McClymonds High School after toxic chemical found
- Helicopter pilot in Bryant crash had FAA violation in 2015
- New virus has infected nearly 78,000 people globally
- Case of missing children tied to doomsday beliefs, 3 deaths
- Teachers open up about toxic chemical found at McClymonds High School in Oakland