COLUMBUS (WCMH) – Costco has announced a face covering requirement for all members and guests during the coronavirus pandemic.
Shoppers must wear a mask or face covering that covers their mouth and nose beginning May 4, the company stated Wednesday in a press release.
A Costco press release states that the requirement is an additional precaution.
“The use of a mask or face covering should not be seen as a substitute for social distancing. Please continue to observe rules regarding appropriate distancing while on Costco premises. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation,” says the company.
According to the retailer, the requirement does not apply to children under the age of 2 or to those unable to wear a mask due to a medical condition.
- Tracking the Tropics Week 6: Storm surge, contraflow and the buoy network
- EPA approves 2 Lysol disinfectants as 1st to effectively kill coronavirus on surfaces
- Hiring soared in May as mass layoffs eased
- Santa Clara County’s new ‘risk reduction order’ goes into effect July 13
- Stimulus check update: Report says White House eyeing $1 trillion package