Elizabeth Warren’s brother, Donald Reed Herring, died on Tuesday after testing positive for coronavirus.
Reed, who joined the Air Force at 19, spent 20 years in the military. He was 86 years old.
Warren made the announcement on social media.
“I’m grateful to the nurses and frontline staff who took care of him, but it’s hard to know that there was no family to hold his hand or to say ‘I love you’ one more time — and no funeral for those of us who loved him to hold each other close,” Warren wrote on Twitter. “I’ll miss you dearly my brother.”
- Shooting reported at Tennessee Kroger store
- Pilot in fatal New Mexico balloon crash had drugs in system, toxicology report finds
- SoCal wildfires to cause smoky Bay Area skies: Air Quality Advisory
- Millbrae man arrested for allegedly assaulting son with golf club
- Fawn Fire prompts evacuations for some Shasta County residents