SANTA CLARA COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) – Health officials in Santa Clara County have reported 23 new coronavirus cases on Sunday bringing the total number of cases to 114.
On Saturday, the total number of cases increased in the county to 91.
The county health department expects the number to continue to rise.
Of the 114 cases, health officials say 48 have been hospitalized, 15 are associated with international travel, 28 are close contacts of known cases, and 52 are presumed to be community transmission.
There were no details released on the patients.
On Friday, the county’s second death caused by the coronavirus was reported.
Check back for more details as this is developing.
- Fresh pizza vending machine prompts curiosity and horror in Rome
- Suspect arrested for string of violent crimes in San Francisco
- Levee system’s integrity questioned as crews begin fixing more prominent breaches in South Texas
- More apprehensions at California ports of entry leads to ‘excruciating’ border waits for commuters
- Crews contain fire at Walnut Creek senior care facility