(KRON) – Ireland’s government has canceled all of the country’s St. Patrick’s Day parades due to the novel coronavirus, according to reports.
The decision for the March 17 events came from a Cabinet subcommittee meeting, The Irish Times reported.
The outlet previously reported that government officials were worried about the possibility of “widespread closures and cancellations” fueling “public panic.”
The Westmeath Examiner also confirmed the news.
- Mother of special needs child recreates special ed classroom at home
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand halfway through August
- Post Office warns states across US about mail voting
- Trump supporters attempt world record boat parade near Clearwater Beach
- Dolly Parton voices support for Black Lives Matter movement