CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — South Dakota, West Virginia and North Dakota top the list of states with the highest percentage of their population who have been given the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. All three states have more than 5% given the vaccine, as of Monday, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
At the opposite end are Arkansas and Georgia at 1.4% and South Carolina at 1.5% of the population vaccinated.
NewsNation spoke with West Virginia’s governor about how his state has handled the vaccine distribution. Watch the discussion in the player below.
- COVID concerns as fans gather at bars to watch 49ers in playoffs
- Why the price for a bottle of wine could go up
- Bay Area housing inventory drops, prices rise: Zillow report
- Peloton CEO denies halting production, blames ‘leaker’ for rumors
- A’s encouraged by environmental report for new ballpark, but Vegas still an option