CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — South Dakota, West Virginia and North Dakota top the list of states with the highest percentage of their population who have been given the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. All three states have more than 5% given the vaccine, as of Monday, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
At the opposite end are Arkansas and Georgia at 1.4% and South Carolina at 1.5% of the population vaccinated.
NewsNation spoke with West Virginia’s governor about how his state has handled the vaccine distribution. Watch the discussion in the player below.
- Parole reversed for man who murdered toddler in Monterey County
- Lifeguards search for missing surfer off Pacifica beach: officials
- Pittsburg police search for 2 suspects in deadly shooting at convenience store
- Police: 11-year-old Fairfield girl struck by DUI driver, suffers life-threatening injuries
- These innocent-looking emojis could be hiding nefarious messages, Ohio officials say