MIAMI (KDVR) — The Miami Marlins home opener scheduled for Monday night against the Baltimore Orioles has been canceled due to an alleged COVID-19 outbreak within the team, according to ESPN.
According to ESPN’s Jeff Passan, eight more players and two coaches with the Miami Marlins have tested positive for COVID-19, as an outbreak has spread throughout their clubhouse and brought the total of cases in recent days to at least 14.
Ken Rosenthal with The Athletic said, “Two infectious disease experts say the positive results fit the definition of “a clear outbreak” with the club”, according to a tweet on Monday.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as a new week begins
- South San Francisco school district delays start of classes until August 17
- Scuffles erupt outside California church holding indoor service without masks, despite judge’s ban
- Lebanese PM steps down in wake of Beirut explosion, protests
- California salon, barbershop owners vow to reopen indoor operations