MILPITAS (KRON) – Officials announced Monday that two Milpitas firefighters and one family member have tested positive for coronavirus.
Officials said five city firefighters in total were exposed to the first infected firefighter, including one who also tested positive, three who are symptomatic but have not received positive test results, and one who shows no symptoms.
All firefighters and the spouse who were exposed are self-quarantining at home for 14 days; no hospitalizations have been required at this time.
At this time the source of the virus has not yet been determined.
The Milpitas Fire Department is working with the Sana Clara County Public Health Department to determine the source.
- Florida doctor allegedly tried to buy sex slave with bitcoin: FBI
- ‘Warrior’ teacher Eva Mireles killed in Texas school shooting
- ‘I’m just still scared’: Uvalde 3rd-grader describes surviving massacre
- Millions of airbags eject shrapnel, SF lawsuit claims
- Regional parks warn of rattlesnakes re-emerging