ORINDA, Calif. (KRON) – The number of COVID-19 cases reported at a nursing facility in Orinda increased to almost 50 over the weekend.
Health officials announced on Friday that at least 27 people had tested positive at the Orinda Care Center.
On Monday, officials confirmed that 27 residents and 22 staff members had tested positive and one person died over the weekend.
At this time, no other details have been released on the new confirmed cases.
After two staff members received medical care last week, health officials began an investigation. Those employees tested positive on Wednesday, along with two patients.
All patients and staff were tested Thursday.
Latest News Headlines:
- 3 charged in slaying of Ahmaud Arbery face court hearing
- Tear gas fired on New Orleans protesters on a bridge
- Hundreds protest death of George Floyd outside San Mateo City Hall
- George Floyd autopsy shows he tested positive for COVID-19 in April
- Mugshots released of all 4 officers charged in George Floyd’s death