BAYONNE, N.J. (KRON) – Passengers on a cruise ship docking near New York City Friday are being tested in the port for coronavirus, CNN reports.
Ambulances and stretchers were seen near The Anthem of the Seas at the port at Bayonne, located south of Manhattan in New Jersey.
“I have been briefed on the (Royal Caribbean) cruise ship arriving this morning,” Bayonne Mayor Jimmy Davis tweeted. “I am certain that the NJ DoH, CDC, and PA NY/NJ are prepared and equipped to address any concerns this morning.”
Cruise operator Royal Caribbean is “closely monitoring developments regarding coronavirus and have rigorous medical protocols in place onboard our ships,” it said in a statement to CNN.
Passengers have been on the ship for 12 days, traveling to San Juan, Puerto Rico, St. John, St. Kitts and Antigua.
- Man accused of stomping girlfriend’s toddler to death in San Bernardino
- Santa Clara County DA announces bribery scheme charges
- GM flips to California’s side in pollution fight with Trump
- Reward offered for missing Hayward child abducted in 1988
- Second stimulus checks: Biden, Democrats push GOP for more virus relief