CARROLLTON, Texas — Police in Texas have arrested a teenager who allegedly claimed she had contracted coronavirus and planned to infect others.
Lorraine Maradiaga, 18, is charged with making terroristic threats for content she posted on Snapchat.
According to police, this is a third-degree felony charge.
According to Carrollton police, the 18-year-old, went on social media and said she tested positive for COVID-19 and is “willfully spreading it.”
Police said they “currently have no proof” the suspect tested positive.
Maradiaga was arraigned and her bond was set at $20,000 before she was transferred to the Denton County Jail. She is ordered to quarantine for 21 days upon release from custody as a precaution, police said.
Latest News Headlines:
- Newsfeed Now: Third COVID vaccine begins US rollout; 7-year-old opens lemonade stand to fund brain surgery
- Deal reached: CA lawmakers push to reopen schools soon
- Wolf tracked near Yosemite park for first time in 100 years
- U.S. investigates engine fires in over 1 million Toyota RAV4s
- Biological sisters separated by adoption find each other by chance while working