NEW SOUTH WALES, Australia (CNN) – Australian researchers say they have found a breakthrough to more quickly contain the novel coronavirus.
Experts at the New South Wales’ Health Pathology Lab say they were able to grow live coronavirus cells, providing more diagnostic accuracy than synthetic cells.
Their work will be able to help diagnose infected patients faster and more accurately, helping curb the spread of the disease.
The Wuhan coronavirus has so far killed more than 900 people and infected more than 40,000.
- MLB appoints 1st black umpire crew chief
- KRON4 Morning Buzz: Coach Kerr on Steph Curry’s return
- YUM! Brands – owner of KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut – to phase out styrofoam packaging by 2022
- East Africa battles worst locust invasion in 25 years
- Governor Newsom to hold press conference on California’s response to coronavirus