NEW SOUTH WALES, Australia (CNN) – Australian researchers say they have found a breakthrough to more quickly contain the novel coronavirus.
Experts at the New South Wales’ Health Pathology Lab say they were able to grow live coronavirus cells, providing more diagnostic accuracy than synthetic cells.
Their work will be able to help diagnose infected patients faster and more accurately, helping curb the spread of the disease.
The Wuhan coronavirus has so far killed more than 900 people and infected more than 40,000.
- VIDEO: Dozens flood Best Buy in Oakland
- The Latest: Chicago mayor orders curfew, police crackdown
- Tear gas and burning cars in US cities as unrest continues
- Disturbing video shows SUV plow into protesters in San Jose
- 38 people arrested following George Floyd protest in San Jose, officials say