NEW SOUTH WALES, Australia (CNN) – Australian researchers say they have found a breakthrough to more quickly contain the novel coronavirus.
Experts at the New South Wales’ Health Pathology Lab say they were able to grow live coronavirus cells, providing more diagnostic accuracy than synthetic cells.
Their work will be able to help diagnose infected patients faster and more accurately, helping curb the spread of the disease.
The Wuhan coronavirus has so far killed more than 900 people and infected more than 40,000.
- Southwest Airlines offering ‘goodwill’ gesture to customers affected by cancellations
- Power knocked out across Bay Area due to weather
- How to spot ‘shrinkflation’ at the grocery store (and save money)
- Shooting at Pennsylvania mall, multiple people injured
- Bill Clinton back home after hospitalization from infection