The lockdown was placed after passengers on board complained of symptoms of the deadly virus.
The DailyMail reports that travelers on the United Airlines Flight 901 from San Francisco were told by the captain to stay in their seats after landing because someone might have the contagious infection.
United Airlines confirmed that someone had ‘become unwell’ on board on the San Francisco flight. The airline followed CDC protocol and gave the plane a deep cleaning, which includes cleaning all surface areas and overhead bins, after passengers were gone.
Crews have received additional special guidance on CDC procedures and have direct access to trained medical professionals on the ground who provide guidance on courses of action.
A witness reported that a passenger was removed from the back of the plane.
Everyone else was allowed to get off of the plane about a half hour later.
Public Health England and Heathrow officials have not yet released any information about this morning’s incident.
More on the coronavirus:
- California tells 7K people to stay home because of new virus
- 2 new cases of coronavirus confirmed in Northern California, bringing US total to 34
- Coronavirus has infected more than 76,000 people globally
- Wuhan natives team up in Bay Area to send supplies to China amid deadly coronavirus
- Coronavirus patient being treated at San Francisco hospital