SAN QUENTIN, Calif. (KRON) – A San Quentin guard has passed away after he contracted coronavirus from the prison, according to sources.
Sgt. Gilbert Polanco, known as Bobby to family, was in a medically induced coma and fully intubated while battling the virus.
His family believes he was infected while working at the San Quentin State Prison where he was a guard for more than 30 years.
Polanco was one of hundreds of San Quentin staff members to be infected by the virus.
No other details have been released at this time.
- Postal Service: Send your holiday packages early
- Newsfeed Now: First US COVID immunizations could arrive Dec. 12; 14-hour wait at new Colo. restaurant
- Cineworld secures financial help until hoped-for reopening
- US tells GM to recall nearly 6M trucks with Takata inflators
- Over 3 million screened by TSA in weekend before Thanksgiving