PALO ALTO (KRON) – Stanford University is canceling classes for the final two weeks of the winter quarter to try and prevent a coronavirus outbreak on campus.
The university says classes will move to online formats.
Large group events are also being canceled or adjusted.
Stanford is the second college campus to be closed due to the coronavirus outbreak.
The University of Washington closed its Seattle campus Thursday.
- KRON4 Morning Buzz: New electric Hummer unveiled
- Big Game Bound Week 7: Battle of the unbeatens
- Epstein ex Maxwell denied getting Prince Andrew sex partners
- Police seek Brisbane arson suspect
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential debate preparations; FBI announces possible election interference