PALO ALTO (KRON) – Stanford University is canceling classes for the final two weeks of the winter quarter to try and prevent a coronavirus outbreak on campus.
The university says classes will move to online formats.
Large group events are also being canceled or adjusted.
Stanford is the second college campus to be closed due to the coronavirus outbreak.
The University of Washington closed its Seattle campus Thursday.
- Friends, colleagues remember KRON4 security guard killed in attempted armed robbery
- ‘Insane’ encounter with great white shark caught on camera in Hawaii
- Fauci speaks on possibility of omicron COVID-19 variant already in US: ‘I would not be surprised’
- Nightbirde, ‘AGT’ singer who earned Simon Cowell’s golden buzzer, gives update on health
- Former FBI agent: Brian Laundrie’s family could face charges