(KRON) — President Donald Trump on Friday said widespread COVID-19 vaccinations will be available in April 2021.
During a live press conference from the White House, Trump said distribution will begin within 24 hours after a vaccine is approved, and “massive amounts” will be delivered by the military.
He said these estimates are based on the manufacturing, which is “in process, immediately, right now.”
“In a short time we’ll have a safe and effective vaccine,” Trump said, adding that the military will help speed the distribution process.
- Wildfire burning in Solano County
- Two-thirds of Americans suffer from election anxiety – here’s what can help
- Stimulus update: Pelosi pushes White House on virus testing as cases surge
- Infant allegedly thrown to her death by father identified
- Barrett confirmation would tilt court conservative for generations