SAN FRANCISCO (CNN) – JetBlue Airways is cutting its US flight schedules because of coronavirus concerns.
On Wednesday the airline said it’s seen a drop in demand due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Fewer people are flying.
To combat the fewer passengers, JetBlue says it is reducing its capacity by 5%.
The airline also plans to hire fewer people for both frontline and support positions.
United Airlines is also cutting its flight schedules.
It announced that flights in the U.S. and Canada will be cut by 10% in April.
Overseas flights will also be slashed by 20%.
- What can Democrats do in response to Trump’s Supreme Court pick? These three scenarios are getting attention
- Caught on Camera: Arkansas officer saves two-year-old boy choking on piece of candy
- 49ers injuries could jeopardize season
- WWII veteran’s canteen found in St. Louis, makes its way back to Oklahoma
- Pres. Trump addresses 75th annual UN General Assembly