LOS ANGELES, California (WJW/CNN) – Broadway star Nick Cordero is improving after suffering a setback in his long recovery from COVID-19.
On Wednesday, his wife Amanda Kloots said in an Instagram live stream that his health was going downhill.
On Thursday, Kloots struck a more optimistic tone about her husband’s battle.
“I’m happy to say it looks like we’re on a step forward again,” she said in a video posted on her Instagram Stories. “Wow. It’s been another roller coaster.”
The 41-year old Cordero has battled a series of coronavirus-related complications since he was hospitalized in March.
He spent weeks on a ventilator, suffered septic shock, mini-strokes, and had to have his leg amputated.
Cordero woke up from his medically induced coma earlier this month and is still fighting a lung infection.
- Local medical experts weigh in on large protests amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Family outraged after Vallejo police shoot, kill 22-year-old after mistaking hammer for gun
- Protests continue across Bay Area in wake of George Floyd’s death
- New video of San Francisco police arresting man in January raises concerns
- Reform campaign says police violence could be cut down if use-of-force policies added