SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger is criticizing those who don’t want to comply with Gov. Gavin Newsom’s new order requiring Californians wear face masks in most public settings.
Schwarzenegger tweeted Thursday it is “100% the right move.”
“This will help us beat this terrible virus. The science is unanimous – if we all wear masks, we slow down the spread and can reopen safely,” he added. “It’s not a political issue. Anyone making it a political issue is an absolute moron who can’t read.”
Newsom later retweeted Schwarzenegger’s comments.
That includes inside any indoor public place, riding on public transportation, and while outdoors in any public setting.
People are still advised to practice social distancing and keep up with proper hand hygiene.
- Reese’s combines two of its own to create new candy
- Dow down more than 450 points on recession fears
- More Bay Area tech companies announce layoffs, hiring freezes
- House passes bill addressing mental health concerns among students, families, educators
- SFO Airport restaurant workers strike ends after tentative deal reached