SONOMA COUNTY (KRON) – The Kincade Fire burning in Sonoma County has charred more than 66,000 acres and remains 5% contained.
To help those displaced by the fire, some Airbnb hosts are offering free housing to evacuees and relief workers deployed to the area.
In a special section on the Airbnb website, fire evacuees can look for hosts offering free temporary housing now through Nov. 7.
Airbnb is also asking anyone who has available housing in the area indicated on the map to consider making their homes available for fire evacuees and relief workers.
Latest News Headlines:
- New learning program helps parents, students with new norm of classwork at home
- Contra Costa County man shops, delivers groceries to neighbors to assist with crisis
- Santa Rosa police warn enforcement action if people don’t follow stay-at-home orders
- Antioch students receive laptops, lunches during coronavirus pandemic
- Former Warriors player discusses cannabis use for anxiety during pandemic