SONOMA COUNTY (KRON) – The Kincade Fire burning in Sonoma County has charred more than 66,000 acres and remains 5% contained.
To help those displaced by the fire, some Airbnb hosts are offering free housing to evacuees and relief workers deployed to the area.
In a special section on the Airbnb website, fire evacuees can look for hosts offering free temporary housing now through Nov. 7.
Airbnb is also asking anyone who has available housing in the area indicated on the map to consider making their homes available for fire evacuees and relief workers.
Latest News Headlines:
- San Jose businesses call for permanent street closures for outdoor dining
- Multiple dog tags among odd items found in 445-pound gator’s stomach
- Alleged ‘boogaloo’ militia members charged in deaths of 2 officers
- California health officials expect less COVID-19 vaccines in coming weeks
- 6-year-old daughter helps save dad struck in Antioch hit-and-run