SACRAMENTO (KRON) – Governor Gavin Newsom on Friday issued an emergency proclamation for the counties of Sonoma and Los Angeles due to the Kincade and Tick Fires, which have prompted thousands of evacuations and destroyed structures.
Governor Newsom will be in Sonoma County later Friday to survey areas impacted by the Kincade Fire.
He will also meet with first responders, residents, health officers, and local and state officials.
On Thursday Governor Newsom announced the state had secured FEMA funding to help continue response efforts.
Latest News Headlines:
- Freebies: List of deals on 420 to satisfy your munchies
- Walter Mondale, Carter’s vice president, dies at 93
- How Santa Clara County is providing more help for small businesses during the pandemic
- Owner of Lodi Parachute Center speaks after another skydiver dies
- Scottie Pippen’s son, Antron, dies at 33