LOS ANGELES, Calif. (CNN) — The date for Kobe Bryant’s memorial service has been set.
The public memorial will take place Feb. 24 at the Staples Center.
That’s according to a source close to the Bryant Family.
The date of 2/24 could be symbolic because Bryant wore no. 24 during the latter part of his career. His 13-year-old daughter Gianna wore no. 2 for her youth basketball teams.
The service will honor all nine people killed in the January helicopter crash.
- Autopsy: Pilot in Kobe Bryant crash had no alcohol, drugs
- Families sue helicopter company in deadly Kobe Bryant crash
- NBA inducts Kobe Bryant into basketball Hall of Fame
- Vanessa Bryant ‘devastated’ by report deputies shared crash photos
- LA deputies shared graphic photos of Kobe Bryant crash scene: report