LOS ANGELES (AP) – George Springer hit two homers and the Houston Astros kept making more noise in the playoffs, beating the Oakland Athletics 5-2 to take a 2-0 lead in their AL Division Series.
Martin Maldonado also went deep for Houston, which needs one win to reach its fourth straight AL Championship Series.
Game 3 in the best-of-five series is Wednesday, when Houston is the home team in the neutral site matchup.
Springer put Houston ahead to stay with a two-run, two-out drive in the third on a second straight 90-degree day at Dodger Stadium.
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- Biden to elevate role of science with cabinet picks
- Michigan mom still cannot taste, smell after COVID-19
- Police: Chemicals used to make explosives found at San Francisco RV park
- COVID-19 vaccine clinic to open in Lafayette for seniors 75 and older