SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – The San Francisco Giants have announced that they are suspending workouts at Oracle Park, pending the results of tests conducted this past weekend.
On Monday, the San Francisco Giants confirmed that there have been two additional cases of COVID-19 confirmed following mandatory testing within the club.
The team didn’t specify whether the positive tests came from the active roster, front office or coaching staff.
Right-handed pitcher Luis Madero and outfielder Hunter Bishop were the first two players from the Giants to test positive.
The MLB acknowledged some teams experienced delays in getting the results of COVID-19 tests over the weekend, which impacted their ability to work out on Monday.
Check back for more information as KRON4 learns more.
- San Francisco city officials remind public of COVID-19 health orders amid heat wave
- San Jose pastor, volunteers help homeless stay hydrated during heat wave
- Police: Homicide of 3-year-old disguised as hot car death
- New statewide portal launched to help counties recruit poll workers ahead of November election
- Appeal filed for man convicted of murdering Nia Wilson