Missy Elliott knows how to work it.
Now she’s been honored for it – by being inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame.
She is the first female hip-hop artist to receive the honor.
Elliott is known for hits like “Lose Control,” “Get Ur Freak On” and “The Rain,” but has also written songs for several other artists including Whitney Houston, Beyonce, and Janet Jackson.
Elliott was recognized at the 50th Songwriters Hall of Fame induction ceremony on Thursday.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- KEVIN DURANT’S POST-GAME 5 MESSAGE AFTER INJURY
- DRUG LORD HIRED COPS TO SHOOT DAVID ORTIZ OVER ALLEGED AFFAIR
- US TOURIST DEATH COUNT AT DOMINICAN REPUBLIC RESORTS RISES
- HIGH-SPEED CHASE ENDS IN MILLION-DOLLAR DRUG BUST
- FINAL SEAT INSTALLED AT CHASE CENTER IN SF