TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Two people in the Tampa Bay area have been tested “presumptively positive’ for coronavirus, according to the governor’s office.
The executive order issued from Governor Ron DeSantis on Sunday said the two individuals include a Manatee County resident and a Hillsborough County resident.
To ensure the virus remains controlled and that residents and visitors in Florida remain safe, DeSantis has issued a public health emergency in the state following the two discoveries.
8 On Your Side is working to gather more information on both cases.
The news of these cases comes shortly after Washington state health officials announce the second US death from coronavirus.
DeSantis will be holding a press conference in Tampa Monday morning at the Florida Department of Health Tampa Branch Laboratory.
Latest Coronavirus Headlines:
- UCSF scientists develop nasal spray to fight COVID-19
- WHO urges public to avoid dental cleanings during pandemic
- Companies test antibody drugs to treat, prevent COVID-19
- Vallejo couple dies 11 days apart due to COVID-19
- SF mayor says COVID-19 rates slightly improve, but not fast enough due to bad behavior