Authorities say two paragliders have died in a midair collision at a San Diego beach.
Police say the men collided and crashed about 75 feet to the cliffs below Saturday near the Torrey Pines Gliderport.
Reports say one man, a 43-year-old Orange County resident, was getting an advanced certification, while the second man, a 61-year-old from San Diego, was a more experienced pilot.
Their names were not immediately released.
The crash is under investigation.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 CASES OF MEASLES CONFIRMED IN BAY AREA
- SAN JOSE MOM, TWO YOUNG SONS DEAD IN APPARENT MURDER-SUICIDE
- ARCHAEOLOGISTS FIND HIDDEN TUNNELS BELOW ALCATRAZ PRISON
- MOM RAPED, SET ON FIRE KILLS ATTACKER BY DRAGGING HIM INTO FLAMES
- SAN FRANCISCO RENT HITS NEW HIGH, MOST EXPENSIVE IN US