In downtown Oakland, residents of the Westlake Christian Terrace senior home, located off 28th Street near Lake Merritt, are cleaning up after nearly 30 cars were broken into at the parking lot.
“It hurts because it’s my home,” resident Charmain Stevens said. “People don’t have much here. We are on a budget.”
Stevens says it was painful on Wednesday morning as the residents came out to a parking lot littered with glass–windows in 28 of their cars were broken overnight.
“Yeah they stealing, going car-to-car,” Stevens said.
Now, Flora Wong has to pay $150 to get her window fixed–for nothing.
“They took nothing,” Wong said.
Oakland police say they are investigating this crime.
Moises Sanchez with a mobile auto glass repair shop was fixing windows on Wednesday. He says they are getting more calls than ever.
“It’s good for business, always busy, busy,” Sanchez said.
- CHP: TODDLER KILLED IN VALLEJO CRASH; DAD ARRESTED FOR DUI
- MOM FACES POSSIBLE JAIL TIME FOR TAKING PHONE FROM DAUGHTER
- WATCH: MOUNTAIN LION CASUALLY WALKS THROUGH SAN MATEO
- ELIZABETH SMART’S KIDNAPPER HAS BEEN RELEASED FROM PRISON
- RESTAURANT GETS LOBSTERS HIGH BEFORE THEY’RE KILLED