A 28-year-old woman has been arrested in connection to a fatal hit-and-run that killed a cyclist Tuesday night in Crockett.
According to CHP, 42-year-old Christopher Rey Bunag of Hercules was riding his bike around 7:20 p.m. on San Pablo Avenue when he was struck from behind.
- Suspect sought in fatal hit and run crash in Crockett
- Bicyclist killed in Crockett hit-and-run, driver remains at large
Officer Brandon Correia says the collision happened on a road shared by cyclists and motorists, and that Bunag was wearing a helmet and other protective equipment when the car slammed into him.
On Wednesday night, officers received an anonymous phone call that related to specific information regarding the suspect and the suspect vehicle.
Initial reports stated that the suspect vehicle was a blue pickup truck, but officers learned it was a red Mini Cooper.
Shortly after, officers received a call from the suspect, Kylie Lanae Derksen, to report that she may have been involved in a collision Tuesday night.
Derksen, a Martinez resident, spoke with officers who were able to gather enough evidence to place her under arrest.
She was charged with felony vehicular manslaughter and felony hit and run resulting in death.
- RIDESHARE RAPIST: DISTURBING DETAILS REVEALED OF ALLEGED CRIMES
- NAKED MAN RIDES BICYCLE ON HWY 101 IN SAN JOSE
- WATCH: SAN FRANCISCO POLICE DEPARTMENT’S EPIC LIP SYNC VIDEO
- CUSTOMER WRITES ‘WE DON’T TIP TERRORIST’ ON RECEIPT
- TOURIST GOES TO JAIL FOR COLLECTING SEASHELLS IN FLORIDA